SADDLE AND HARNESS
Date: Saturday, August 17, 2019
Chairperson: Kirk Douglas (613-826-2538)
Announcer: Christy Stewart
Judge: Nancy MacDonald
Closing Date of Entries – Post Marked Thursday, August 1, 2019
Mail Entries to:
Mrs. Catherine Douglas,
5996 Snake Island Road,
Osgoode, ON K0A 2WO
- Proof of liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars is required with entries.
- All exhibitors must be paid up members of the Mountain Township Agricultural Society for the current year. A $10.00 membership fee will be deducted from the prize money for the next year membership.
- Classes may be changed by the Committee for the following year due to lack of entries
- Judging of the line classes will commence at 9:30 a.m. sharp on Saturday
- Entry fees must be mailed with entry forms. Entries not accepted via fax or e-mail.
Canadian Hackney Society Junior Exhibitor Classes – $100.00 sponsored by the Canadian Hackney Society
Road Horse driven by a Junior Exhibitor – $30.00 per entry sponsored by the Canadian Road Horse Association
Pleasure Driving Division – Sponsored by the Pleasure Driving Society
American Saddlebred Horse Association (ASHA) of Ontario has granted the South Mountain Fair an Official ASHA Ontario points designed show. All American Saddlebred horses showing in the open divisions will have their placing forwarded to the ASHA for points.
Qualifier: Kentucky State Fair Worlds Championship Horse Show Qualifier for the 2020 Adult Amateur and Junior Exhibitor Hackney/Harness Pony Pleasure Driving Divisions.
Entry Fees: Open classes $7.00 – Stake Classes $10.00 – Special Classes $2.00 (Ribbons only).
To be eligible for Stake classes, horses or ponies must have been entered, shown and judged in at least one other performance section within their division.
Stalls: Available to Exhibitors 100 km or more from South Mountain. The stalls are limited in number and will be allotted on a first-come-basis at $20.00 per stall (bedding provided).
Contact Kirk Douglas to reserve.
Livestock Passes – 1-2 animals 1 pass, 3 – 4 animals 2 passes, 5 – 6 animals 3 passes, etc.
Open Classes – $35.00, $30.00, $25.00, $20.00, $10.00
Stake Classes – $55.00, $50.00, $45.00, $40.00, $30.00
Special Classes (Ribbons only)
CHILDREN’S SADDLE PONY
17. SADDLE PONY OPEN – Open to ponies not exceeding 14.2 hands with appearance of full tail. To be shown at a walk, trot & canter.
50. SADDLE PONY STAKE
CHILDREN’S PARADE PONY
26. PARADE PONY OPEN – Open to ponies not exceeding 14.2 hands with appearance of full mane & tail. To be shown at a parade walk, parade gait and halt.
42. PARADE PONY STAKE
JUNIOR EXHIBITOR HACKNEY (hackney horse or pony only)
4. JUNIOR SHOWMANSHIP
33. JUNIOR DRIVING
REGISTERED SHETLAND PONY (46″ and under)
7. SHETLAND HARNESS PONY OPEN
34. SHETLAND HARNESS PONY STAKE
REGISTERED HACKNEY PONY PLEASURE DRIVING
15. SINGLE HACKNEY PLEASURE DRIVING PONY
40. SINGLE HACKNEY PLEASURE DRIVING PONY STAKE
REGISTERED HACKNEY PONY (Cob Tails, 14.2 hands & under)
10. SINGLE HACKNEY PONY OPEN
38. SINGLE HACKNEY PONY STAKE
REGISTERED HACKNEY FINE HARNESS PONY (Long tails, 50″ and under)
20. SINGLE FINE HARNESS PONY OPEN
43. SINGLE FINE HARNESS PONY STAKE
REGISTERED HACKNEY ROADSTER PONY (Long tails, 52″ and under shown to a bike)
27. SINGLE ROADSTER PONY OPEN
48. SINGLE ROADSTER PONY STAKE
52. SINGLE ROADSTER PONY, DRIVEN BY A JUNIOR.
REGISTERED STANDARDBRED HORSE
9. SINGLE BIKE HORSE OPEN
36. SINGLE BIKE HORSE STAKE
24. SINGLE WAGON HORSE OPEN
46. SINGLE WAGON HORSE STAKE
2. GREEN ROAD HORSE TO BIKE
OPEN PLEASURE HORSE (all breeds)
13. SADDLE HORSE ENGLISH PLEASURE OPEN to be shown at a walk, trot and canter
39. SADDLE HORSE ENGLISH PLEASURE STAKE
22. DRIVING HORSE PLEASURE OPEN to be shown to an appropriate two or four wheel vehicle
45. DRIVING HORSE PLEASURE STAKE
5. WESTERN PLEASURE OPEN
49. WESTERN PLEASURE STAKE
PARADE HORSE (all breeds)
18. PARADE HORSE OPEN
53. PARADE HORSE STAKE
PLEASURE DRIVING (all breeds)
11. PLEASURE DRIVING REINSMANSHIP
37. PLEASURE DRIVING TURNOUT
FINE/PARK HARNESS HORSE – OPEN BREED, SHOWN TO VICEROY OR FINE HARNESS BUGGY
SPECIALS (all breeds)
28. LEAD LINE CLASS – Open to all children 3 – 9 years of age. Child may ride animal under appropriate tack or driveanimal in a suitable vehicle. Handler & exhibitor must be properly attired. Exhibitor must be able to sit in the saddle/cart and hold the reins without handler’s help. Animals will only be asked to walk. Any animal not under complete control will be excused immediately from the ring. Children who show in this class are not eligible to compete in any other class.
29. Open Equitation
3. Open Junior Showmanship on line
30. Open Walk Trot – (all ages)
1A Hackney Pony Open Line Class (Mare, Gelding, Stallion)