« All Events
Pizza Eating Contest
Saturday, August 19 @ 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Official Rules for The Annual South Mountain Fair Pizza Eating Contest
- Eligibility: This annual contest is open to the first 10 males and 10 females 18 years old or older.
- Entry Forms: All entry forms become the property of South Mountain Fair
- Contest Rules:
- The object of this competition is to eat as many of King’s Pizza slices as possible within the span of 8 minutes.
- The Pizza will be an extra-large pepperoni for the males and a large pepperoni for the women and must eat the complete slice, including crust.
- Dunking slices into approved liquid before eating slice is permitted.
- Condiments (spices) are prohibited.
- Eating more than 1(one) slice at once is prohibited. Double or triple stacking of slices to be eaten is
- Contestants may eat either sitting or standing in their designated area using hands, knife, fork and/or spoon.
- Each contestant will be provided with 2 bottles of water during the competition (NO ALCOHOL).
- Contestants must complete each slice before proceeding to the next slice.
- Contestants must wait for starting signal to begin eating and may not touch any pizza or utensils prior to starting signal.
- Contestants must stop eating at the ending signal.
- Contestants may NOT put additional pizza or portions of pizza in their mouths after the ending signal, but will be allowed 15 seconds to swallow any pizza in their mouth. HOLD DOWN for 30sec. once contest is officially over. Pizza pulled out of mouth at end of contest will not be counted toward final result and will not disqualify contestant.
- If a contestant vomits or regurgitates at any point during the competition, that contestant is disqualified.
- Judges will be on hand to assure adherence to contest rules, tally slices eaten, and monitor all rules and to disqualify any contestant who fails to adhere to rules.
- Winners will be determined by counting the number of pizza slices and parts of slices eaten to the 1/4 or nearest 1/4.
- Grounds for Disqualification:
- Starting prior to the start signal
- Eating after the ending signal
- Failure to completely finish a slice prior to beginning another slice
- Vomiting during the 8 minute event.